Casio has announced a limited edition model flagship G-Shock MR-G series. Called the MRG-G2000HT, all the watch material made of titanium which is very strong but also lightweight. Titanium on the G2000HT is given a special DLC layer to make it stronger and more scratch resistant.
MRG-G2000HT is also equipped with Casio’s exclusive 3-Way Connected Engine feature, which keeps accurate time by checking and synchronizing to three sources: GPS satellites, atomic time radio signals, and connections with smartphones.
The bezel and chain connection are also decorated with the tsuiki technique, an ancient Japanese hammer punch technique that strengthens the metal surface by pressing it. The finishing technique was done specifically by Bihou Asano, a third generation artist from the family of tsuiki engineers.
The special hammers and girders used in this technique leave streak marks that produce a characteristic pattern on the metal. Because this process is done by hand, none of the watches are exactly the same as the others, and each implies the personality of the craftsman who created it. The rear bezel and casing are also covered in dark blue using a DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) layer.
Thanks to the latest module, the time on MRG-G2000HT is updated automatically and can even calculate daylight saving time. Sold for $ 7,400 with 500 watches available worldwide, the Casio G-Shock MRG-G2000HT seems to be aimed at the fanatics of G-Shock.
- Shock resistant
- 200m water resistance
- Tough Solar
- GPS Signal Reception
- Time-calibration (auto,* manual); acquisition of position information (manual)
- GPS signals are received automatically when the watch recognizes they are available in the area.
- GPS Signal Frequency: 1575.42 MHz
- Atomic time Keeping
- Radio Wave Reception: Automatic reception up to six times a day (except for use in China: up to five times a day)
- Radio Frequency: 77.5 kHz (DCF77: Germany); 60 kHz (MSF: UK);
- 60 kHz (WWVB: USA); 40 kHz (JJY: Fukushima, Japan) / 60 kHz (JJY: Kyushu, Japan); 68.5 kHz
- (BPC: China)
- Bluetooth COnnectivity: Bluetooth LE
- Mobile Link functions (world time: over 300 cities,auto time adjustment, One-Touch Time
- Adjustment, easy watch setting); automatic hand correction (hour, minute and second hand)
- World TIme: 39 cities (39 time zones*, daylight saving on/off) and Coordinated Universal Time: auto summertime (DST) switching
- May be updated when connected to a smartphone.
- Stopwatch: 1/1-second stopwatch; measuring capacity: 24 minutes; elapsed time