Different time zones can be troublesome when you move from one country to another that has a time zone difference. Analog watch fans will also always be bothered because they have to adjust the time on the watch that is used with the time in the country you are in.
For this reason, Seiko is presently offering an innovative watch for those of you who like to travel the world. Seiko Astron is an analog watch powered by solar power. The secret of sophistication lies in the GPS features embedded inside the luxury watch.
With the GPS capability inside Seiko Astron, this watch can receive GPS signals and can identify time zones and dates utilizing the global network of the GPS satellites.
Thanks to the GPS feature, Seiko Astron can adjust the time zone automatically and accurately, based on the accuracy of the atomic clock calculation system commonly used in GPS technology. Seiko Astron is also claimed to be able to recognize 39 time zones throughout the world and is equipped with a perpetual calendar counting system that is as accurate as the time calculation.
All time and date settings can be done quickly and easily through the buttons provided on this watch. To adjust the clock and show the right time for you, Seiko Astron only takes about 6 seconds and about 30 seconds to adjust the time zone.
Seiko claimed that Astron is the GPS-oriented watches with solar power that can be connected to a GPS network. With energy generated from sunlight, you will never need to replace the battery.
Seiko Astron will be present in 5 models 2 series. 3 present models will be using titanium material while the other 2 models will come with stainless steel material. With the sophistication offered, Seiko Astron is marketed at prices ranging from $ 1880 to $ 2594.
- Brand: Seiko
- Series: Astron
- Material: Stainless Steel with Black Hard Coating
- Back: Screw case back
- Diameter: 48.1 mm
- Thickness: 18.1 mm
- Water resistant: 100 Meters/10 ATM/10 BARi
- Glass material: Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Strap material: Rubber/Silicon/Resin/Karet
- Caliber No.: GPS Solar 7X52
- Dial color: Black
- Band: Extra-strength silicon
- Magnetic resistance: 4800 A/m (60 gausses)
- Special Features
- GPS controlled time and time zone adjustment
- Hour, minute and second hands, date calendar
- Perpetual calendar correct to February 2100
- Signal reception result indication
- World time function (39 Time Zones)
- Daylight saving time function
- Power saving function Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (without receiving a time signal and at temperatures between 5℃ and 35℃)