In February, Panasonic introduced its first full-frame mirrorless camera globally in the form of a product called Lumix S1R. As the latest addition of Lumix S series, the camera with L-mount is the product that comes through the collaboration between Leica, Panasonic and Sigma.
The Panasonic Lumix S1R is equipped with a 34mm full-frame CMOS sensor and is based on the L-Mount standard that offers balance, a broad inner diameter, and compact dimensions for the Flange Focus.
Panasonic claims that the Lumix S series focuses on unprecedented image quality with high resolution. Lumix S series also offers video recording performance up to 4K 60p / 50p and intuitive controls.
Lumix S1R is integrated with 47.3 MP CMOS sensors without LPF (Low Pass Filter) that provides the best image quality in the mirrorless camera range. In addition to that, with precise and detailed reproductive capabilities, the sensor is able to achieve the highest S / N ratio and maximum ISO 25600 by utilizing the efficiency of light condensation even with a high number of pixels.
The AF system on the Lumix S1R has the fastest level of focus speed, which is 0.08 seconds. By adding AI technology, the camera is also able to detect moving objects accurately. Combining body I.S that is able to compensate for hand movements and O.I.S (Optical Image Stabilizer), Lumix S1r is able to overcome almost all types of blur.
The features included the latest HLG photo mode or Hybrid Log Gamma, which this mode provides a wider dynamic range and can be saved as an HSO file in addition to JPEG / RAW files. The users can project the images on 4K TV that are compatible with the latest HLG via an HDMI cable.
Panasonic claims that their latest camera got the ultimate resolution with professional performance. Well, the tag is also justified with the price tag pf Lumix S1R that is available on the market starting in early May 2019 and is priced at $ 4,599.99 with Kits 24-105mm F.4.
- FULL FRAME SENSOR – 47.3-megapixel full-frame MOS sensor that provides a wide dynamic range and excellent performance at high sensitivity (ISO 25600 Max sensitivity)
- LUMIX S CAMERA LENS – Easy-to-use 24-105mm standard focal macro zoom F4 L-Mount for LUMIX S Series Full-Frame L-Mount digital mirrorless cameras
- 4K VIDEO – Up to 4K 60p recording plus 6K Photo functions and HLG Photo.
- 187MP HIGH-RESOLUTION MODE – A sensor-shift technology suitable for taking very high-resolution landscapes and fine art photos via tripod with toggleable motion correction capabilities
- RUGGED MIRRORLESS CAMERA DESIGN – Dust/splash*/freeze-resistant design withstands heavy field use under harsh conditions for high mobility
Panasonic Lumix S1R