The mirrorless camera is finally getting its recognition and Sony as one of the main competitors on the market finally announced Sony a6400. This middle-class mirrorless camera which was dubbed as the replacement for Sony a6300 by bringing a series of very tempting new features.
One very significant update from the Sony a6400 is the increasingly sophisticated autofocus sector. Sony a6400 carries phase-detect 425 point autofocus and contrast detect technology which covers 84% of the frame area.
According to Sony, their a6400’s autofocus performance is the fastest in the world with a locking focus speed of only 0.02 seconds. Not only is the autofocus super fast, but the Sony a6400 also comes with support for Real-time Eye AF autofocus technology and Real-Time Tracking.
Real-Time Eye AF technology uses artificial intelligence (AI) to track and lock the focus on the subjects’ eyes very quickly and accurately. While Real-Time tracking also uses AI to ensure the focus remains locked on the subject even though the subject moves very quickly.
In the design sector, the Sony a6400 still maintains the Sony a6300 body design that remains compact. While the specifications, Sony a6400 is quite close to its predecessor Sony a6500 with a 24.2-megapixel sensor and an additional LSI chip that can improve the performance of data processing to be faster and improve the quality of the results of photos and videos.
Sony A6400 is also designed for vlogging. This can be seen by the presence of a 3-inch touch screen that can be folded 180 degrees upwards. The ability to record videos is also still capable with video recording capabilities up to 4K 100Mbps resolution. Support for professional class video recording features such as S-log3, S-log2 and 4K HDR (HLG) is also available on this camera.
Sony a6400 will be available on the market in February 2019. The selling price will be in the range of $ 899.99 with an interchangeable-lens camera.
- LENS COMPATIBILITY: Sony E-mount lenses
SENSOR TYPE: APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6 mm), Exmor® CMOS sensor
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE): Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- ISO SENSITIVITY (RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX): Still images: ISO 100-32000 (ISO numbers up to ISO 102400 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 100-32000 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100-6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- BATTERY LIFE (STILL IMAGES): Approx. 360 shots (Viewfinder) / Approx. 410 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard
- VIEWFINDER TYPE: 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (color)
- MONITOR TYPE: 2.95 in (3.0-type) wide type TFT